Sunday, November 23, 2014

Soda Can Butterfly, Scenes from my Window, and Starlight Starbright!!

Thank you Kat at A Stamp in the Hand for once again hosting the Rubber Stamp Convention in the San Jose, CA area!  Here are a few of my inspired works...

Soda Can Butterfly
Tessler Stamps had a great demo once again at the convention for this... but when I got home and wanted to do it... I couldn't find a video on it anywhere... so after a dozen failed attempts today, I figured it out. Then I videotaped how to do it and loaded it to YouTube so next time I won't forget how!  Check out my video here.... Soda Can Butterfly by Makani (and if it helped- vote you like it!)

And you will see how to make some lovely butterflies...

I included the recipe at the end of the video... but I will paste it here too:
How to Make a Soda Can into a Butterfly- Using a Big Shot or Vagabond (or Cuttlebug)
Recipe from the bottom up...
1) Magnetic plate (for Cuttlebug- use A plate + C plate)
2) “B” sized (thinner) acrylic plate
3) Metal shim plate
4) Card stock
5) Fun foam
6) Soda can – print side up – toward the blade
7) Wax paper
8) Butterfly die- blade down
9) “B” sized (thinner) acrylic plate
10) Brush with a toothbrush or a Spellbinders Tool ‘n One to remove small pieces


Making Designer Paper from Background Stamps
and View from my Window... 
The second inspired work was from the Impression Obsession Booth- love your work Kallani Allred and all your help Cindy! I bought a lovely Cover-A-Card background stamp of a winter scene and some wonderful die cuts of little deer, a window with panes, and some phrases that pop up... to create this. (Note, the background paper was made with 2 stamps and 3 colors- thin stripes 2x and a vine stamp.)


I was in the mood for window cards this past few weeks- here's another... 


The other theme of the week has been stars- here are a few of my star creations:


This white and silver star card was inspired by my friend Deidre's Noel card.
The paper fan card (aka sunburst or star) is so much fun to make. Great way to use up scraps!!

That's all for now. :)   Makani

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these!! So enjoyed meeting you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete